Monday, August 19, 2013

Well, what do you know...

....it's been months since I've blogged.  I always think about writing, but just can't seem to always find the time to get my thoughts out of my head and onto the screen.  The last time I managed to write anything, it was June.  And I was writing about April.  And now, it's FALL.  I mean, basically.  It's still August, but for the past week or so it has been CHILLY.  The intense heat and humidity that August is known for has been missing.  I'm not complaining (okay, I guess I am), but I am not ready for Fall.  Fall means back-to-school.  I am excited for the new changes the 2013-2014 school year will bring, but I still want lazy summer days.

Today began New Teacher Orientation, which basically means I back to work even if I don't want to admit it.  This also means that it's time to reflect on another summer that wasn't quite long enough.

I was lucky to make two beach trips this summer, despite missing out on Dewey Beach.  To celebrate the end of the school year, I headed to Wrightsville Beach, NC with some girlfriends.  It was a new destination for all of us, which was nice.  We spent each day soaking up the sun, walking the beach, and exploring Wrightsville and nearby Wilmington.  It was the perfect way to kick start summer break.






I loved that Wrightsville Beach was quiet and it was fun exploring Wilmington.  I would definitely return!





No comments:

Post a Comment