Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pretending I'm Still at the Beach

This is quite the perfect time to write about a July beach trip since school (with no students, yet) is underway.  The last weekend of July was spent in Myrtle Beach, SC with my wonderful family.  Every other year, members of my family on my dad's side gather for a family reunion.  In the last few years, we have taken to travelling to different and fun locations, not necessarily limiting ourselves to a city where someone resides.

The last time I was in Myrtle Beach was for "Post Exams" after college graduation.  Let's pause and take a minute to process how that was NINE years ago. NINE, people.  Needless to say, I was excited to visit Myrtle and experience it as an adult.  I also was going to secretly miss the Spanish Galleon.  (Okay, not really.) 

The road trip south took forever (thank you, 95 South), but what good family reunion doesn't start with catching up over cocktails?  I think I look pretty chipper post an eight hour car ride. 


The next day began the real family fun.  We took to Broadway at the Beach where we visited the aquarium, ate lunch and walked along the boardwalk.  My favorite stop of the day was Boardwalk Winery, naturally.  After working up a sweat, their wine slushie was the perfect treat.  






After lunch, it was nap time and then we took to the beach!  



Friday night was devoted to a family bar crawl.  Mission:  1 drink at each bar at Broadway at the Beach.  I have no doubt we would have accomplished it, save for Carlos n' Charlies with a super-friendly bartender, $1 drinks and a wide-open dance floor.  The night was interesting to say the least! 



The next day we spent time at Wonder Works.  A building full of interactive attractions, but my favorite part was the bike with a blender attached!  Who doesn't want to pedal and make their own beverage?!

We spent the final evening at our farewell dinner, made time for one last wine slushie and rested up for the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment