Friday, January 25, 2013

My Favorite Part of the Week

Normally, I'd say Friday is the best part of the week.  But recently, it's Saturday.  And Saturday morning (yes, I said it) at that.  Since December, I have been kicking starting my weekend with a long run on Saturday mornings with my running club.  It helps that I'm an old lady now and my raucous Friday nights usually consist of watching Shark Tank and going to bed before 11pm, making it pretty easy to get up at 6:30am to run.  I am also glad that my dear friend Nadine has caught the running bug, so we've kept each other company the past few weekends.  We hit 9 miles on Saturday and we've been feeling pretty great each time save my fingertips that always seem like they're going to fall off despite gloves.  Knowing that Starbucks is awaiting us is always motivation to make it back to homebase.  It feels pretty great to get some mileage in and know I have the rest of the day ahead of me.

This Saturday I decided I wanted to spend some time on another hobby of mine.  I took photography class in high school and for as long as I can remember, I've loved taking pictures.  For Christmas, the hubs surprised me with the Canon EOS Rebel T3i!!  No more point-and-shoot for me! It happens that I had also seen a DSLR Photography Class deal on LivingSocial, so I signed up immediately.  Class was about three weeks ago and it was great!  It was a great refresher on aperture, ISO, shutter speed and I left feeling comfortable taking my camera off auto.  I also knew I would need to practice.

Ben wanted to continue his birthday weekend, so we made lunch plans at one of our favorite wine & cheese bars, Cheesetique.  We headed to the Del Ray location, which is a cute little area, so I left with my camera in tow.  We did some wine tasting, ate some lunch, did some more wine tasting thanks to a newly discovered wine shop, Planet Wine.  And I took some pictures.  I'm okay with them, considering I'm still in practice mode and it's nice to know I have the RAW files for a day when I feel brave enough to tackle editing.

















No comments:

Post a Comment