Sunday, January 6, 2013

Looking Forward

For some reason, if I say I'm setting a goal, it's more likely I'll stick to it than if I say what my New Year's Resolutions are.  I've hit the ground running with a few things I'm working toward this year.

This year I am continuing my fitness journey.  I'm notorious to sticking to something short-term, but not so      much in it for the long haul.  I hate starting over, so the easily solution is to not stop! It helps to have races coming up and a few group exercise classes that I've fallen in love with.  I am the most excited for the Nike Women's Inaugural Half-Marathon in DC.  I've never been selected through the lottery for the San Fran race, so I am super excited to be participating in my hometown!

Less social media-ing while driving or at stop lights.  It CAN Wait.

Doing things I want to do.  Just for me. Photography class. Learning to sew. Wine education class. And reading more books!

I will work hard to be more grateful and less grumpy.  A lot of this has to do with work.  I just find myself frustrated. A LOT.  So, I will be grateful for the good days and look to how I can change things up a bit.  Teach Spanish? Maybe. Return to grad school? Maybe.  The point is, I will be more active in the things I can control and not so focused on things I can't change.

Financial responsibility.  I wouldn't exactly say I'm irresponsible with money, but there is always room for improvement.  I've developed a concrete budget via www.mint.com and I committed to the 52 Week Money Challenge.

My hope is that, through this blog, I'll hold myself accountable and have a great year!


1 comment:

  1. I love love mint!! It helped me get out of credit card debt a few years ago! Good luck with your goals! I have a lot of the same. I know you won't have any trouble achieving. :)

    ReplyDelete