I've spent countless hours reading blogs in 2012. I've been motivated, touched, blessed, impressed, you-name it, by the thousands of entries I've read. And then I realized I wanted to do this. Not really for any other reason than I want to do it for me. When I think about my life, memories become fainter and fainter. And it helps that I love writing. So this is a chance to chronicle my life. Welcome.
But, before I get carried away, 2012 needs an appropriate send-off.
Twelve things I will take away from the past year:
1. I can't help but think of June 2, 2012 first and foremost. I spent half of the year planning my wedding and then finally getting hitched! It really was the best.day.ever. I always knew I wanted to get married, but I wasn't the little girl that had every detail picked out at age 7. It turns out I LOVED (and actually miss) wedding planning.
2. I really love wine. I could stop drinking beer or liquor for the rest of my life. As long as I have wine.
3. I am way too hard on myself when it comes to healthy eating, exercise and weight loss. I didn't have this realization until December when I counted a total of TWELVE completed races last year, which even included a half-marathon PR. I'd say I'm in the best overall, maintained shape of my life (minus the year I was crazy enough to run a full-marathon) and that is something to be proud of.
4. I miss my mom and that is okay, because it will never be okay.
5. I am THIRTY. 30. (!!!!) Remember being a kid and thinking 20 was so old??
6. Seven heavenly days spent in Montego Bay, Jamaica on my honeymoon. Wanderlust hit me and I committed to creating a vacation fund.
7. I am a worrywart.
8. I've become quite the domestic little lady. Thanks to Pinterest, my cooking, crafting and creating has increased exponentially.
9. Really great friends from each phase of my life are only a text, email, Facebook away. And we always pick up right where we left off.
10. Even on the days where I feel complain-y and grumpy, I am truly blessed. It could be worse. A lot worse.
11. Sometimes you just need to do things for yourself: Say no. Try something new.
12. It seems that every year really does get better.
2013, you better not disappoint...