Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love the Run You're With

I love a good pun almost as much as I love a good race.  Today was both!  Pacers regularly has great, fun and well-organized races and today was no different.  This was my first time doing this race, but I'll be back next year.  The love theme is perfect with Valentine's Day right around the corner.  (You know I love holidays and any reason to be festive.)  It was an out-and-back 5K course with a pretty big hill within the first half mile, but it was nice to fly down the hill with less than half a mile till the finish line.  It so happens that yesterday I bought new shoes, so today I got to officially break them in.  They felt nice and cushion-y, but I'll wait to get a few more training runs in before I fully reach a verdict.  

After the race, Champps was open early for an after-party for all the runners.  We got one drink ticket (mimosa, please!) with our registration.  Their brunch menu was decent, but nothing spectacular since after all, it is a sports bar. I had scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit.  There was also karaoke, and I'm amazed that people were spirited enough at 10am to participate.

Another reason I loved this race is the comfy blanket I got to go home with.  Instead of t-shirts, Pacers gave all runners a fleece-like blanket, which has made for the perfect afternoon on the couch.

Next up, Reston 10 Miler in the beginning of March!





No comments:

Post a Comment